EDD refuses to assist me to fix a mistake I made back in March when I originally filed for unemployment.
I have several part time jobs to make ends meet. As a result, I have income from several sources. 20% of my income comes from a traditional employer for which I receive a W2 for taxes. The other 80% of my income is through self employment. When I was furloughed from my part time job in March, I filed an unemployment claim through EDD which pays me only $74 a week, hardly enough to pay my bills. However back in March Congress also allocated an additional $600 a weeks federal unemployment benefits and life was good. Then the $600 a weeks expired on July 31, 2020. Leaving me with benefits totaling $74.00 a week. Fast forward a month, Congress allocated PUA Pandemic Unemployment Assistance specifically for gig workers, Which pays up to $600 a week. Since 80% of my income classify as self employed gig worker, that should make me eligible for PUA however because I originally filed a unemployment claim through EDD I am not eligible for PUA as you are not allowed to be registered for both PUA and unemployment. EDD refuses to acknowledge that I made a mistake originally by filing a unemployment claim on a job that was such a small percentage of my total income. In retrospect, I should have waited for the PUA which was eventually available 6 weeks later. EDD refuses to allow me to fix the problem by reclassifying me for PUA. I am about to be financially ruined because I cannot exist on $74 a week Any suggestions?